If you love great images, inspiring street style, homemade jewellery and fashion campaigns, check out the wonderful RoCkInFaShIoN blog by Róisín – you won’t regret it!
…. succumbed to the trends of the 90’s!!!!
Looking back now, being a child of the 90’s, we suffered terribly in the fashion stakes.
Do you remember the mindless craze of the baggiest of baggy jeans that were X-Worx/ Eclipse or Xtrovert jeans??? I mean what were we thinking… A trend derived from bands such as ‘East 17’, whom I ashamedly admit were my favourite band at the time (please don’t hate me) so obviously baggy eclipse jeans and a Kangol hat worn backwards were naturally the staple pieces of my wardrobe!
I think I happily repressed those memories for all these years, that is until now.
When the lovely Niamh asked me to guest blog on Metro Chica whilst she was away and that the topic du jour would be ‘I wish I had never….‘, I was then forced to relive the memories for the readers of Metro Chica’s reading pleasure 😉
So if you were lucky enough to escape godawful fashion trends of the 90’s, I would love to share with you now some of my favourite fashion trend setters from the 90’s to help you understand just how bad we had it…. and if you would prefer not to go back down that terribly unfashionable memory lane, I would highly advise for you to look away now…
TOP 10: You know you grew up n the 90’s when….
10. You liked Oasis or Blur. But not both, because that ‘wasn’t allowed’.
9. You had a Megadrive or SNES. But not both, because that ‘wasn’t allowed’ either.
8. You had a crush on the youngest girl in Hanson…
7. MTV played music.
6. Bryan Adams was number one for about four years.
5. If you’re a bloke, you secretly liked Take That. If you’re a girl, you loved them. Either way, you cried when they broke up.
4. A Snickers was a Marathon, Starbursts were Opal Fruits and you never did get your hands on them Lucky Charms.
3. Beverly Hills 90210 was reality TV. You watched California Dreaming, Pugwall and you know the theme tune to ‘Saved by the Bell’. You’re singing it now.
2. Mr. Motivator helped your mother loose five pounds.
In at Number 1 is…..
And you are of the opinion she couldn’t have been lying, because swearing on a loved ones life without crossing any part of your body was a guarantee you were telling the truth.