Two things in life have made me completely change my once lax attitude to health and fitness – getting into my 30′s and having a life that revolves around travel. In the last 2 years I’ve made a concious effort to do a certain amount every week for my mind and body. Small targets like moving for 30 minutes everyday, getting out for a brisk walk or jog twice a week, drinking lots of water and getting decent sleep can make all the difference. But trying to keep healthy and fit on the road can be difficult and requires a little more dedication!
In January, people usually make plans to get fit – and it can be a very daunting task. So, below I’ve outlined a couple of ‘easy’ things you can start with that will all show results (in some form!) relatively quickly. And the best thing? These can be incorporated into your life no matter if you’re in work, in a hotel room, in a strange city, at home or on holidays. Good luck!
- Squats: Set yourself a 30 day challenge (3 sets of 25) and you will be doing your whole body a huge favour.
- Drink more water. Simple!
- Aim to move for at least 30 mins a day. Downloads the ‘Human‘ app to get handy reminders.
- Be concious of what you eat and drink. ‘Nudge‘ is a great little app to help you track it all.
- Get fresh air! Ok, so a jog might seem like a step too far today but start with a quick walk – its better than nothing.
- Learn some basic yoga or pilates moves. Great for mind and body.
Have you any other suggestions or ideas? Let me know in the comments!